Translation for your convience

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tiny bit of time on my hands

Okay, bookstore is fully closed down as of August 31st. I'm seeing a little relief in book needs. Still having to go to the library for internet since our home internet is slow in coming. I'm finally thinking about my writing and submissions.
Yesterday I polished my query letter and even though I went through it a couple of days, after submission, I found a mistake. Uggh!
I submitted "Ten Little Gator Eggs" to the Andrea Brown Literary Agency. The agent that always sticks out from this agency is Laura Rennert. I'm not sure why, but when I think of this agency, her name comes to mind. As she's Senior Agent I searched for another agent I felt could meet my needs. I found a suitable one and discovered she's on maternity leave. So I decided to listen the the voice and submit to my first choice, Laura Rennert. Now for the waiting game.
I did decide to simultaneous submit. I'm not sure I'm good enough for the cream of the crop agency. After all, Ruben Pfeffer thought this story was really good. Just not good enough for him to take a chance on me as an author. I met him at a SCBWI conference and he analyzed the story and made some recommendations, which he subsequently loved.
Anyway, keep tabs as I inform you of other submissions and responses if any. (This agency says they no longer respond and if I don't here from them within 6-8 weeks, they're not interested)

Happy writing, revising and submitting

No comments: