Translation for your convience

Monday, March 5, 2018

Just Having Fun

The next prompt for the diyMFA Book Club requires me to do, at least, one of the exercises in the "diyMFA" book by Gabriela Pereira and Jacquelyn Mitchard. So today's post is just some fun. (I'm not procrastinating. I'll have more time later in the week to accomplish prompt 9)

Today, Sunday is a bit of a sad day. I started the second week of my return home after living in North Carolina for the past, almost, four years. No, this isn't the sad part. The sad part is taking my husband to Miami International so he could fly to Atlanta and take a five-day class for work and then return to an empty home. The house is big and lonely. Three dogs, two cats, Betta fish, and a pico saltwater tank don't make up for my husband, or children.










Our oldest is married. Doesn't live far, but doesn't live with us either. Our second oldest is married and lives across the country. Our third oldest just moved out of the house this month. And our fourth and fifth oldest, (guess that makes them the youngest) are still in North Carolina living with Grandma.

I returned home, crying, changed into my Sunday best, and attended church. It was uplifting and felt great to be among friends. Alas, I had to return home. I started a fire in the pit and text our oldest letting her know I'd be cooking dinner and she and her husband were more than welcome to join.




I chopped up what was left of a butternut squash and three baking potatoes and cooked them in my favorite pan, with olive oil, over the hot coals of the fire.




When our daughter called to let me know they were on the way, I put the smoked brats on.




When they left, our son said he was on his way to visit. So I made homemade brownies. In my favorite pan. And we ate them with vanilla bean ice cream. All in all, not a horrible day. Just a sad one.



Now I'm sitting outside next to the pit and enjoying the smokey smell and the glow of the final log. I'm tempted to put another log on the fire, put out the dog, and bring in the cat, but it's getting late and I have a full day tomorrow.



Actually, a full week. I need to:

  • continue my scripture study (The Old Testament and The Book of Mormon)
  • format three chapters of my work-in-progress (they were edited Thursday)
  • clean the house
  • start on the yardwork
  • plant my garden
  • take my medical tests (MRI, Mammogram, Cardiac Pet)
  • and take care of our pet needs

What are you doing this week?

Don't forget to add going to and friending  Ten Little Gator Eggs, Botanical Aquaponics and Second Chances: Blue Rose


Presently reading:
diyMFA by Gabriela Pereira, Jacquelyn Mitchard
Time and Again by Jack Finney
Storm by D.J. MacHale (this series holds a special place in my heart. The character Tori Sleeper is my daughter.)

Recently finished:
Sylo by D.J. MacHale (this series holds a special place in my heart. The character Tori Sleeper is my daughter.)
Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
It Cannoli Be Murder by Karoline Barrett
Conquering Hope by Kionne L. McGhee
The Host by Stephanie Meyer

No comments: