Translation for your convience

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Don't be a Traffic Statistic

Otherwise know as Assignment 4 is on its way to Connecticut.

I forgot my stick, so I can't work on Second Chances. So I prepared Ten Little Gator Eggs to present to the Children's Gallery and Arts Center. It's now ready for them with a back up copy. (always good to have a backup plan)

I think I'll spend the rest of the evening being lazy. Gotta do that now and then.

As I'm working with one of my picture books, thought you'd like some interesting information. Here are a couple of interesting articles that talk about picture books.

The Artistry of 'Children's Picturebooks' Revealed

and a really cool interview with Mo Willems and his new book

A Rival for Pigeon in Willems' New 'Duckling'

Another thing I read today that was extremely interesting and encouraging is an article by Writer's Digest:

23 Timeless Quotes for Writers

Some of them are really uplifting and encouraging. Here's one of my favorites:

“You can’t write a novel all at once, any more than you can swallow a whale in one gulp. You do have to break it up into smaller chunks. But those smaller chunks aren’t good old familiar short stories. Novels aren’t built out of short stories. They are built out of scenes.”
—Orson Scott Card, September 1980

I have definitely found this to be true as I've worked on Second Chances scene by scene.

Happy writing, revising, submitting or just relaxing

 "One thing that helps to give myself permission to write badly. I tell myself that I'm going to do my five or 10 pages no matter what, and that I can always tear them up the following morning if I want. I'll have lost nothing---writing and tearing up five pages would leave me no further behind than if I took the day off."
---Lawrence Block, June 1981 [sic]

No comments: