Translation for your convience

Monday, March 19, 2012

FictionBrigade Flash Fiction Publishers Review

FictionBrigade is a publishing company created to promote experienced and aspiring authors and artists. Through their online literary magazine, readers can enjoy a variety of flash fiction stories-50 to 1500 words. This is a fairly new publisher. The website appears to have started about September 2011 and their first magazine was published about February 2012.


Bethany, one of the owners, is presently finishing her M.S. Degree in Publishing at New York University. Previous publishing experience includes Oxford University Press, in their Higher Education Department and Penguin Group (USA), Inc.


Sabrina, the other owner, is also finishing her M.S. Degree in Publishing at New York University. Her previous publishing experiences include Live.com, Wendy Lamb Books at Random House, HardMagic Publishing, Santa Barbara Magazine, Noozhawk-an online magazine-and the Daily Nexus.

I recommend checking the about page-for more information about Bethany, Sabrina and their interesting backers and the blog-although this is seldom updated. Last entry December 2011. But there are some interesting articles in the blog as well as in their resources section. Don't forget to click the issues for some reading and art. I disagree with the issues because I purchased the Expresso Fiction: A Collection of Flash Fiction for the Average Joe for $ 4.99 and discovered the stories were the same as those in the issues of which I had already read-free. And, if you have time, complete their survey. I believe this is a university project.


They recently changed their submission process and are now using SubMishMash instead of email. I really like this change. They have a schedule and theme for their online magazine and they are accepting any type of Flash Fiction outside of their themes.


Their response time is stated to be between 4-8 weeks. I consider this reasonable. I submitted, via email, 3/6/2012 before they changed to their present system. I did not receive a confirmation of receipt and when I discovered their change, I emailed to confirm they had my submission. I have received no response as of the posting of this. I'll wait the 8 weeks and, if I haven't heard from them, I'll re-submit so I can get back with you about their submission process.


The worth of this publisher will show itself with time and the quality of their published submissions. I feel the FictionBrigade is worth watching and recommend patience through their growing pains. I'm sure Bethany and Sabrina are pretty busy with university stuff. Check out updates at their Facebook and Twitter pages.


http://www.fictionbrigade.com/

No comments: