Translation for your convience

Monday, January 28, 2013

Mailed Assignment 6 and some stretchin'

I finished Assignment 6, "Rage of a Storm". I'm still thinking it could be better and am hoping my teacher can help me out, or my muse come up with something during the night. For those who don't remember, "Rage of a Storm" is about Hurricane Alex of 2010. He was the first storm of the season and frustrating from beginning to end. He did a lot of stuff normal for a typhoon (hurricanes in the Pacific Ocean), but not a hurricane. He brought great concern because, if you remember and I hope you do, 5,000 barrels of oil a day were spilling out into the Gulf. Although he didn't make it into the Gulf, thank God, he was able to disrupt clean-up efforts and capping efforts for a short period of time. Anyway, I personified Alex as he struggled to become the hurricane he was capable of becoming. His winds were always too low compared to the pressure. Most of this was due to his size and lack of ability to organize all the energy he had available.

I looked ahead to Assignment 7. It's a revision assignment and I think I'll continue to revise "The Power and The Glory." If you remember, that was written for Assignment 3 and is about Thom's and my trip to Thunder Hole, Acadia National Park, Maine. It compares the beautiful scene of ocean and granite to the dangers of ocean and granite. Both of which draw spectators to see the glory of nature and the power of such an alluring sight.

I signed up for a few articles and pitched one of my own. I'll work on more once my storage unit is empty. I'm spending too much time there right now. I'm really excited to be writing for FamilyShare.com and hope you all will follow me there and find some really good information from myself and fellow authors.

Time to get into bed.

Happy writing, revising and submitting (or in this case mailing off assignments)

No comments: